Secret Agent HQ Pty Ltd is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Whenever you deal with Secret Agent HQ Pty Ltd, whether as a current or prospective buyer, seller, lessor or lessee, we will collect personal information in order to provide services to you. The types of Personal Information we collect include:
- Date of birth
- Residential address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Your personal identification documents (e.g. passport, drivers license)
- Your employment history
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways directly from you, such as when you fill out a form or when you give us information in person, via telephone, email, correspondence or our website.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal Information collected by Secret Agent HQ Pty Ltd will ordinarily be used for the following purposes:
- Assisting you to purchase a property
- Assisting you to sell your property
- Assisting you to lease a property either as a lessor or lessee
- Sending our research material to your email
To achieve these purposes, we may share your personal information with consultants and professionals necessarily involved in the completion of your service with us, such as:
- In the event that you are a buyer or a lessee, we may disclose your personal information to the sellers of the property you are purchasing or leasing.
- In the event that you are a seller or a lessee, we may disclose your personal information to prospective buyers of the property owned or leased by you.
- Your legal advisor(s) and the legal advisor(s) representing the other party(s) involved in your transaction
- Your financial institution and/or financial advisor
- Insurance providers and brokers
- Utility providers and utility connection service providers
- Tradespeople engaged by us to repair or maintain a property owned or leased by you
- Organisations involved in the payments system including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations
- The Residential Tenancies Authority
- The Titles Registry Office or other government agency
We will only use and disclose personal information for the primary purposes for which it was initially collected, or for purposes which are directly related to one of our functions or activities.
Your Personal Information is used within Australia only and is not sent overseas unless we have obtained your written permission to do so for specified purposes.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing at [email protected]
Secret Agent HQ Pty Ltd will not charge any fee for your access request.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
Your Privacy on the Internet
We use Google Analytics to help us track the activity within our website. Google Analytics may use temporary cookies and/or web beaconing technology to facilitate such tracking but the data would not be tracked in a personally identifiable way.
We also use tracking technology within the newsletters that we send to our subscribers via Mailchimp. These performance tracking devices help us to track whether an e-mail recipient has completed an event, such as opening a report. Such information is non-personally identifying and collected on an aggregate level.
Enquiries and Complaints
Secret Agent HQ
292 Rathdowne Street,
Carlton North VIC 3054
+61 3 9349 4333